Weatherhead School of Management Undergraduate Degree Requirements
Bachelor of Science Degree
Candidates for the Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree or the Bachelor of Science in Management degree, in addition to meeting the general requirements for bachelor’s degrees, including the SAGES and physical education requirements, must also complete the following requirements:
- A minimum of 122 credit-hours.
- The General Education Requirements of the Weatherhead School of Management listed below.
- The requirements for a major in accounting or management as presented in this Bulletin in the section devoted to each department or program.
- For all courses taken in the major department and for which grades are averaged, and for all courses taken to satisfy major requirements and for which grades are averaged, a candidate for a BS from the Weatherhead School of Management must earn a minimum cumulative average of 2.000. Major requirements include all required and elective work completed in the major department combined with required courses completed in related fields. Transfer students must complete at Case Western Reserve University at least half the hours required for the major.
- A minimum of 30 credit-hours of courses at the 300- or 400-level.
Majors Available for the Bachelor of Science in Management degree:
- Business Management
- Dean's Approved Major*
*Any student interested in developing a major of his or her own design for the BS in Management should consult with the Office of Undergraduate and Integrated Study Programs in the Weatherhead School of Management.
General Education Requirements of the Weatherhead School of Management (minimum of eight 3- or 4-credit-hour courses, totaling at least 26 credit-hours)
These requirements provide a broad educational foundation for programs in accounting and management, leading to the Bachelor of Science degree.
Course credit earned by Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, proficiency examinations, and transfer credit may be used to satisfy Weatherhead School of Management general education requirements.
Two courses used to fulfill requirements for the major may be used also to fulfill the breadth requirements.
Arts and Humanities (6 - 8 credit-hours)
Two 3- or 4-credit-hour Arts and Humanities courses selected from:
- Akkadian (AKKD)
- Ancient Near East and Egyptian Studies (ANEE)
- Arabic (ARAB)
- Art History (ARTH)
- Art Studio (ARTS)
- Chinese (CHIN)
- Classics (CLSC)
- Dance (DANC)
- English (ENGL)
- French (FRCH)
- German (GRMN)
- Greek (GREK)
- Hebrew (HBRW)
- History (HSTY)
- Italian (ITAL)
- Japanese (JAPN)
- Latin (LATN)
- Linguistics (LING)
- Music - General (MUGN)
- Music - History (MUHI)
- Music - Theory (MUTH)
- Philosophy (PHIL)
- Portuguese (PORT)
- Religion (RLGN)
- Russian (RUSN)
- Spanish (SPAN)
- Theater (THTR)
- World Literature (WLIT)
Natural and Mathematical Sciences (13 - 16 credit-hours)
|MATH 125||Math and Calculus Applications for Life, Managerial, and Social Sci I||4|
|Choose one of the following courses:||3-4|
|Introduction to Programming for Business Applications|
or ENGR 131
|Elementary Computer Programming|
or EECS 132
|Introduction to Programming in Java|
or MATH 126
|Math and Calculus Applications for Life, Managerial, and Social Sci II|
|Two natural sciences courses *||6-8|
Any two 3- or 4-credit-hour natural science courses selected from:
Social Sciences (6 credit-hours)
- Anthropology (ANTH)
- Cognitive Science (COGS)
- Communication Sciences (COSI)
- Economics (ECON)
- Political Science (POSC)
- Psychology (PSCL)
- Sociology (SOCI).
ECON 102 Principles of Microeconomics and ECON 103 Principles of Macroeconomics are included in accounting, business management, finance, and marketing major requirements, as well as the requirement for a WSOM dean's approved major.