Weatherhead School of Management Undergraduate Degree Requirements
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree
Candidates for the Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree or the Bachelor of Science in Management degree, in addition to meeting the general requirements for bachelor’s degrees, including the SAGES and physical education requirements, must also complete the following requirements:
- A minimum of 122 credit hours.
- The General Education Requirements of the Weatherhead School of Management listed below.
- The requirements for a major in accounting or management as presented in this Bulletin in the section devoted to each department or program. At least half the requirements for the major must be completed with Case Western Reserve University courses. Major requirements include all required and elective work completed in the major department combined with required courses completed in related fields.
- For all courses taken to satisfy major requirements and for which grades are averaged, a candidate for a BS from the Weatherhead School of Management must earn a minimum cumulative average of 2.000.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of courses at the 300- or 400-level.
Majors Available for the Bachelor of Science in Management degree:
- Business Management
- Dean's Approved Major*
*Any student interested in developing a major of their own design for the BS in Management should consult with the Office of Undergraduate and Integrated Study Programs in the Weatherhead School of Management.
General Education Requirements of the Weatherhead School of Management
Requirements include a minimum of seven 3- or 4-credit hour courses, totaling at least 22 credit hours.
These requirements provide a broad educational foundation for programs in accounting and management, leading to the Bachelor of Science degree.
Course credit earned by Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, proficiency examinations, and transfer credit may be used to satisfy Weatherhead School of Management general education requirements.
Two courses used to fulfill requirements for the major may be used also to fulfill the breadth requirements.
Arts and Humanities (6 - 8 credit hours)
Two 3- or 4-credit hour Arts and Humanities courses selected from:
- Akkadian (AKKD)
- Ancient Near East and Egyptian Studies (ANEE)
- Arabic (ARAB)
- Art History (ARTH)
- Art Studio (ARTS)
- Chinese (CHIN)
- Classics (CLSC)
- Dance (DANC)
- English (ENGL)
- French (FRCH)
- German (GRMN)
- Greek (GREK)
- Hebrew (HBRW)
- History (HSTY)
- Italian (ITAL)
- Japanese (JAPN)
- Latin (LATN)
- Linguistics (LING)
- Music - General (MUGN)
- Music - History (MUHI)
- Music - Theory (MUTH)
- Philosophy (PHIL)
- Portuguese (PORT)
- Religion (RLGN)
- Russian (RUSN)
- Spanish (SPAN)
- Theater (THTR)
- World Literature (WLIT)
Natural and Mathematical Sciences (10 - 12 credit hours)
|MATH 125||Math and Calculus Applications for Life, Managerial, and Social Sci I||4|
|or MATH 121||Calculus for Science and Engineering I|
|Two natural sciences courses *||6-8|
Any two 3- or 4-credit hour natural science courses selected from:
- Astronomy (ASTR)
- Biochemistry (BIOC)
- Biology (BIOL)
- Chemistry (CHEM)
- Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences (EEPS)
- Nutrition (NTRN)
- Physics (PHYS)
Social Sciences (6 credit hours)
- Anthropology (ANTH)
- Cognitive Science (COGS)
- Communication Sciences (COSI)
- Economics (ECON)
- Political Science (POSC)
- Psychology (PSCL)
- Sociology (SOCI).