MBA/Doctor of Medicine (MD) Dual-Degree Program
The School of Medicine and Weatherhead collaborate to offer the MBA/MD dual-degree program. The MBA/MD provides physicians with the management knowledge and skills necessary to deal with rapid changes in the healthcare industry and economy. After completion of both degree programs, two separate diplomas are awarded. Coursework for both programs is usually completed within five years, and it must be completed within six years of the date of initial enrollment in either program.
MBA/Juris Doctor (JD) Dual-Degree Program
Weatherhead has a formal full-time dual-degree program with the School of Law. Students enrolled in the program who fulfill the requirements set for graduation by both schools will receive both an MBA and a JD degree. The MBA/JD dual-degree program is designed for individuals who want to specialize in the legal, contractual and governmental aspects of management. After completion of both degree programs, two separate diplomas are awarded. Coursework for both programs must be completed within six years of the date of initial enrollment in either program.
MBA/Master of Science in Social Administration (MSSA) Dual-Degree Program
The MBA/MSSA dual-degree program is offered in partnership with the Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences (MSASS) and Weatherhead. The MBA/MSSA dual-degree program is designed for candidates who wish to prepare for advanced social work practice in a variety of direct practice and community practice settings/organizations while developing the skills to assume management responsibility within those settings. Candidates must apply separately to each program.
MBA/Master in Public Health (MPH) Dual-Degree Program
The MBA/MPH dual-degree program was developed by the School of Medicine, the School of Graduate Studies and Weatherhead to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for those who wish to attain the following goals:
- A career working with communities to improve the health of their members by identifying and assessing the health needs of the population and planning and implementing programs to meet those needs
- Management and leadership ability to ensure continued economic viability, human development and effective communication for the public health organization and community in which they practice
MBA/MPH candidates must complete separate applications, participate in the required admission tests and be admitted separately to each program.
MBA/Master of Science in Management-Finance (MSM-Finance) Dual-Degree Program
Weatherhead offers a dual-degree program that is ideal for students interested in gaining the management skills to create sustainable value for business and society, along with specialized skills that prepare them to make immediate contributions in careers in corporation finance, investment banking, equity research, investment management, risk management and corporate consulting.
A student can submit one application to be admitted into the dual-degree program but will be considered for each program separately. A student currently in the first year of the Weatherhead full-time MBA program can also apply to be admitted into the dual-degree program. A motivated student may be able to complete both degrees in just five semesters.
- Learn breakthrough business concepts from the people who invented them
- Realize cross-disciplinary collaboration making creativity as vital as quantitative analysis
- Receive direct exposure to top employers to learn about career opportunities
To learn more, contact Marybeth Keeler, program manager, at 216.368.3688.
MBA/Master of Science in Medical Physiology (MS) Dual-Degree Program
The MBA/MS Medical Physiology dual-degree is offered by the School of Medicine and Weatherhead School of Management to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for those who wish to attain the following goals:
- Find career opportunities in healthcare consultation, hospital administration, hospital operations, pharmaceutical project management and more
- Enhance their chances of admission to medical school, osteopathic school, dental school, a PhD program or other related programs
MBA/MS Medical Physiology candidates must complete separate applications, participate in the required admission tests and be admitted separately to each program.
MBA/Master of Science in Biochemistry (MS) Dual-Degree Program
The MBA/MS in Biochemistry dual degree is offered by the School of Medicine and Weatherhead School of Management to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for those who wish to attain the following goals:
- Participate in the fields of medical research and management as well as give students an opportunity to develop expertise in areas of substantive interest
- Realize cross-disciplinary collaboration that prepares practitioners to adapt to the changing healthcare environment and create positive, sustainable change for their organizations
- Increase job opportunities that are at the intersection of translational science and business
MBA/MS in Biochemistry candidates must complete separate applications and be admitted separately to each program. Once students have been admitted, they will consult with the Department of Biochemistry Department Liaison and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the Weatherhead School of Management to determine their appropriate course of study.
Master of Science in Management-Healthcare (MSM-HC)/Master in Public Health (MPH) Dual-Degree Program
Weatherhead and the School of Medicine collaborate to offer the MSM-HC/MPH dual-degree program. This program integrates into a single unified curriculum with graduate coursework from the healthcare management (MSM-HC) and public health (MPH) programs. The knowledge and skills this coursework develops will prepare students to identify opportunities to improve population health, design effective and sustainable solutions and effectively manage the execution of those solutions. The goals of this program are to improve the managerial skills of public health professionals and to increase the acumen of health system managers toward issues in population health. Coursework for the joint degree can be completed in two years if undertaken on a full-time basis.