Mission and Vision
Case Western Reserve University improves and enriches people’s lives through research that capitalizes on the power of collaboration and education that dramatically engages our students.
We realize this goal through:
- Scholarship and creative endeavor that draws on all forms of inquiry.
- Learning that is active, creative and continuous.
- Promotion of an inclusive culture of global citizenship.
We aim to be recognized internationally as an institution that imagines and influences the future.
Toward that end, we will:
- Support advancement of thriving disciplines as well as new areas of interdisciplinary excellence.
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to become leaders in a world characterized by rapid change and increasing interdependence.
- Nurture a community of exceptional scholars who are cooperative and collegial functioning in an atmosphere distinguished by support, mentoring and inclusion.
- Pursue distinctive opportunities to build on our special features including our relationships with world-class health care, cultural, educational, and scientific institutions in University Circle and across greater Cleveland.