Positive Organization Development and Change, MSPOD
Degree: Master of Science in Positive Organization Development and Change (MSPOD)
The Master of Science in Positive Organization Development and Change (MPOD) is the premier program created and offered by the world-renowned Organizational Behavior Department at the Weatherhead School of Management. The curriculum remains on the cutting edge of positive organization development, results-driven change management, leadership development, coaching, gender, diversity and multi-culturalism (inclusive leadership) and interpersonal and team-effectiveness.
The MPOD program emphasizes strength-based and positive approaches to managing change, designing sustainable organizations, formulating effective strategy, creating high engagement work cultures, leading through emotional intelligence and coaching for deep and lasting personal and professional development. The MPOD program is of value to organizations with aspiring managers who wish to:
- Broaden their knowledge of leading-edge theory and practice in Appreciative Inquiry, strength-based organization development and positive organizational change
- Develop emotional intelligence competencies needed to coach and foster leadership skills and personal growth for oneself and others
- Form high performance teams and flourishing enterprises that foster economic prosperity, ecological advancement and social responsibility
- Build consultative capabilities in strategic-level change interventions that create value for organizations, customers and communities
- Maximize organizational gains by managing the diversity and complexity that characterize today's organizations
- Use experiential learning to promote effective teams and decision making
The MPOD program is grounded in the basic belief that a person can be a powerful instrument for change, and that personal and professional development go hand in hand. The MPOD learning experience enables participants to become more effective leaders and coaches, and design and conduct positive organization change management interventions.
- Students conduct and/or manage strategic level change interventions that create value for customers, clients, and communities.
- Students are conversant in leading edge theory & practice in appreciative inquiry, strength-based human development, and positive organizational change and research.
- Students are personally proficient in emotional & social intelligence competencies, and are able to effectively coach others in leadership & personal development.
- Students are skilled at forming sustainable groups, organizations, and enterprises that are able to align strengths, and make weaknesses irrelevant; and can do so in ways that enable humans to flourish, be economically prosperous, and become ecologically advanced.